Beware of Scams
At times, GBPC customers may be targeted by scammers claiming to represent the utility.
Often these callers:
• Demand immediate payment for a new digital meter;
• Require payment to be made by a debit card or credit card over the phone, or other forms of payment;
• Threaten immediate disconnection.
GBPC wishes to advise customers that they will never receive a call from a GBPC representative demanding immediate payment via telephone with the threat of disconnection. GBPC will never require payment via telephone, all GBPC payments should be made on our website www.gb-power.com, at our headquarters or authorized payment locations.
To safeguard yourself against scams, keep the following things in mind if you receive a call that is unexpected or sounds suspicious:
• Never give out credit card or other payment information over the phone.
• End suspicious calls and contact our Customer Contact Center at 352-8411 to ensure you are speaking with a GBPC representative.
• Should you ever have any questions about your account status, balance, payment options, or anything else about your service, please contact our Customer Solutions department.
• If you have fallen victim to the scam and paid the fraudulent caller, we encourage you to report the fraud to local law enforcement.