Applying for Electrical Service
Applications for new electricity connections or the transfer of an electricity connection can be made at our main office located on Pioneer’s Way and Mall Drive, downtown Freeport. To apply for a electrical service, complete the online form or fill out the Application for Service form (PDF) and submit it to our headquarters with the necessary accompanying documents.
Residential or business customers applying for electrical service to their homes will also be asked to provide the following:
- A valid business license certificate (for businesses)
- Two forms of valid photo identification; only passports, voter’s cards and driver’s licenses will be accepted.
- National Insurance Board (NIB) card
- A security deposit
And one of the following:
- An occupancy certificate issued by the Technical Department of the Grand Bahama Port Authority for newly constructed residences within the Port area.
- An occupancy certificate issued by the Ministry of Works, Bahamas Government for residences outside of the Port area.
- An inspection certificate issued by the Technical Department of the Grand Bahama Port Authority for residences within the Port area that have been vacant for more than one (1) year.
- A letter from their landlord giving permission to connect electric services in the customer’s name for those persons leasing or renting the residence.
Disconnecting your service?
Customers requesting disconnection of electric service can either use the online form, do so in person at our main headquarters, or via email or fax, (242) 350-8943. The following information must be provided to disconnect electric service:
- A written letter/email to Grand Bahama Power requesting disconnection of service
- One (1) form of valid photo identification
All requests for disconnection of service will take approximately 48 hours to complete.