Applying for Electrical Service

Applications for new electricity connections or reconnection of electricity, or the transfer of an electricity connection can be made at our main office located on Pioneer’s Way and Mall Drive, downtown Freeport or via E-mail. To apply for a electrical service, complete the online form or fill out the Application for Service form (PDF) and submit via e-mail to or to our headquarters with the necessary accompanying documents during regular business hours.

Residential or business customers applying for electrical service to their homes will also be asked to provide the following:

  • A valid business license certificate (for businesses)
  • Two forms of valid photo identification; only passports, voter’s cards and driver’s licenses will be accepted.
  • National Insurance Board (NIB) card
  • A security deposit

And one of the following:

  • An occupancy certificate issued by the Building and Development Department of the Grand Bahama Port Authority for newly constructed residences within the Port area.
  • An occupancy certificate issued by the Ministry of Works, Bahamas Government for residences outside of the Port area.
  • An inspection certificate issued by the Building and Development Department of the Grand Bahama Port Authority for residences within the Port area that have been vacant for more than six (6) months.
  • A letter from their landlord giving permission to connect electric services in the customer’s name for those persons leasing or renting the residence.

Disconnecting your service?
Customers requesting disconnection of electric service can either use the online form, do so in person at our main headquarters, or via  or fax, (242) 350-8943. The following information must be provided to disconnect electric service:

  • A written letter/email to Grand Bahama Power requesting disconnection of service
  • One (1) form of valid photo identification

All requests for disconnection of service will take approximately 48 hours to complete.

If you would like to apply for a new electrical connection or request a disconnection of service, click here to use the online form